> I see. Note, web2py.css is designed primarily to work with the "welcome"
> app. You don't have to use web2py.css or the "welcome" app at all, though.
> You can instead create the entire front end with pure Bootstrap, and that
> should work fine with web2py (if you're using the web2py grid, you might
> want to retain the grid-specific CSS from web2py.css).

Is this the case even if I just use the latest stable instead of trunk? If
I ditch web2py.css completely and don't base my front-end on the 'welcome'
app, and use purely Bootstrap (bootstrap.min.css), then there shouldn't be
any restriction imposed by web2py?

I see many people seem to prefer to work with web2py.css as a base, and
customize stuff as they go, I wonder if there is any specific advantage to
this approach (better supported by web2py? but I doubt so considering
web2py is supposed to be a generic enough framework).

Thanks!