On Monday, June 25, 2012 4:45:22 PM UTC+2, Anthony wrote:

> Check out the IS_IN_SET documentation at
> http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/7. Instead of a list of
> individual items, it can be a list of two-tuples or a dictionary, where the
> first tuple item or dictionary key is the value and the second tuple item
> or dictionary value is the label to be displayed in the select widget.
>
> Anthony

Thanks, this worked. For othesr who might have the same problem, this is
what I have done:

 ISO_COUNTRY_CODES_MAPPING = {
    'DE': 'Germany',
    'ES': 'Spain',
    'IT': 'Italy',
    'US': 'United States'
}
member.country.requires    = IS_IN_SET(ISO_COUNTRY_CODES_MAPPING)

Now, to support internationalization here, I see two options:

- I implement a function which returns the desired predefined mapping,
according to the language of the user. How can I know this? How does the T
operator know this?
- I walk the list of ISO country codes applying the T operator to return
the mapping.

Since it is not clear for me when this mapping will be created (at startup?
in each request?) I do not understand the performance implications.
Maybe somebody can comment.

Thanks,
Daniel