Hi,

I am developing an application that needs to return a big report page, with
a lot of data. We were testing the application using the integrated rocket
server, and the report was working correctly when accessing the app on the
local network.

However, when connection from the outside via a DSL router, making a NAT to
the web2py http server, the response page gets truncated after about 15-30
seconds (could not determine an exact period). The browser stops receiving
data, and the page is truncated. Capturing traffic with wireshark shows the
remote end is finishing the connection (FIN flag set) before sending all
data, but the Content-Length header was correctly set to a higher value.

The problem dissapears when running web2py with lighttpd via FastCGI.

The truncate problem also dissapears if instead of accessing directly to
the web server, we make a SSH tunnel to the Linux machine hosting the
web2py application, and requesting the report though the tunnel, but
probably the SSH tunnel is retrieving the full page, then buffering it
through the tunnel.

Has anybody hit the same problem? It there a maximum response time for
rocket server? I found there is a maximum request time, but the request is
being processed quite fast, less than 1 second. The problem is *sending*
the response, which is getting longer.

Thanks.