Hello Anthony, ...

I have tried the suggested line of code ...
the following way, based on my function index(): in the controller the
filter field is 'email_check'

so I have entered :
db.auth_user.insert(**db.auth_user.email_check(form.vars))
 but I get an error msg ! .. should I put it in brakets ? in parenthesis ??
.. ...

 I have tried it with an underscore in front of it ... .. still .. it is
not working ? ... help me out here .. please ...

and I am also supposing that the timestamp field will be updated
automatically ...

please advise

Don