The comment in markmin2html.py is incorrect. The behaviour is correct. The
syntax is not

@{app/controller/function}

the syntax is

@{function/args}

The 'app/controller/' part is put in automatically. That is the all point.
When you use markmin you are not supposed to know the name of the app or
the controller processing it, but you may want to redirect to an action you
know within the current controller.