rdodev,

sudo is installed. I know that because
sudo apt-get update
works.

The instance is, in fact, a micro, 64-bit Ubuntu!

I ran both
sudo setup-web2py-ubuntu.sh

and
sudo ./setup-web2py-ubuntu.sh

The error that came up is:
sudo: setup-web2py-ubuntu.sh: command not found

no password prompt. If it comes up, what should be the password?

Sorry if this sounds easy peasy to you, I only know minimum commands and
understand a little. Just following whatever instructions are given.

Pls help. If it is of any consequence, the image used is Ubuntu 12.x