Is there a way I can add an import excel (saved as csv) option in the
appadmin that can update multiple data tables (one of them an
intermediate/relational table)?

for example the excel file (saved as csv):

*ID       |      title      |        category        |*
1         |     one       |       cat1, cat2       |
2         |     two        |       cat2, cat3      |
3         |     three     |        cat2               |

Uploading this would update table1 with the ID and title, and also update
the intermediate/relational table with the relation between the title and
category (as described here
http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/6#Many-to-many)

I'm relatively new to web2py and could not find anything in the book, while
other questions relating to importing CSV files already had a strong
understanding of what to do. I'd appreciate any info that could set me on
the right path, thanks!