- Install M2Crypto.
- If you use rocket be sure to pass the --ca-cert option or if you use
another server configure the server to support client certificate
validation and to pass needed SSL variables in wsgi environment*.
-  In you model put the following:

    from gluon.contrib.login_methods.x509_auth import X509Account
    auth.settings.actions_disabled=['register','change_password',
                                    'request_reset_password','profile']
    auth.settings.login_form = X509Account()

*for example in nginx + scgi setup to  pass environment variables add
the following in the ssl server stanza:

                         scgi_param SSL_PROTOCOL $ssl_protocol;
                         scgi_param HTTPS on;
                         scgi_param SSL_CIPHER $ssl_cipher;
                         scgi_param SSL_CLIENT_SERIAL $ssl_client_serial;
                         scgi_param SSL_CLIENT_S_DN $ssl_client_s_dn;
                         scgi_param SSL_CLIENT_I_DN $ssl_client_i_dn;
                         scgi_param SSL_SESSION_ID $ssl_session_id;
                         scgi_param SSL_CLIENT_CERT $ssl_client_cert;
                         scgi_param SSL_CLIENT_RAW_CERT $ssl_client_raw_cert;
                         scgi_param SSL_CLIENT_VERIFY $ssl_client_verify;

mic