Difference of Two Dates

#----------------------------- # Dates produce timedeltas when subtracted.
diff = date2 - date1
diff = datetime.date(year1, month1, day1) - datetime.date(year2,
month2, day2)#-----------------------------
bree = datetime.datetime(1981, 6, 16, 4, 35, 25)
nat  = datetime.datetime(1973, 1, 18, 3, 45, 50)

difference = bree - natprint "There were", difference, "minutes
between Nat and Bree"#=> There were 3071 days, 0:49:35 between Nat and
Bree
weeks, days = divmod(difference.days, 7)

minutes, seconds = divmod(difference.seconds, 60)
hours, minutes = divmod(minutes, 60)
print "%d weeks, %d days, %d:%d:%d" % (weeks, days, hours, minutes,
seconds)#=> 438 weeks, 5 days, 0:49:35#-----------------------------
print "There were", difference.days, "days between Bree and Nat." #=>
There were 3071 days between bree and nat

Origin: http://pleac.sourceforge.net/pleac_python/datesandtimes.html

       Ovidio Marinho Falcao Neto
                Web Developer
             ovidio...@gmail.com