On the eve of delivering a project to a client, I've come up against a
problem that has me stumped. select() statements on one of my mysql tables
have stopped working.

My application is a web2py web server and a background process (also called
a homemade task queue in the web2py book). They share the database. The web
server writes to the table from within an HTTP request, and several seconds
later, I attempt to read the record in my background process.

Up until yesterday, I didn't have any trouble reading from this or any of
the tables. And now, all the others work fine. I can still write and read
from the misbehaving table from the web server.

I am at a loss. I'm not sure where to look to diagnose the problem. Any
pointers would be gratefully received.