With the -S command line option, you can optionally specify a controller,
and even a function.

python web2py.py -S akb/default -M -N

will give you an environment with the default.py controller exposed, and
presumably should run the /models/default/db.py model file. You can also
specify -S akb/default/index to run the index function, but in that case
you won't remain in the shell -- it will just run the function and return.

Anthony