Hi,
I am using SQlite database for my web2py application, I have to keep the
same db instance which is created at first time request comes to model db.py

db = DAL('sqlite://storage.sqlite')

database connection is getting closed once request is completed so I am not
able to use the "db" for some background process like purging the records
every day so can anyone suggest me the proper way to keep the database
connection alive irrespective of request?

Scenario:
1. when first time request made , db connection is established, I need to
keep this connection alive
2. One background scheduler running continuously to check the records in db
and purge it based on some condition.

Problem facing:
when first request made and get fulfilled, database connection is getting
closed because of that scheduler is not able to use the db instance and
start throwing error "Cannot operate on a closed database." every time when
it tries to execute the job.So I need to keep the "db"instance connected to
db , how can it be achieved?