I'm a back-end developer and work in parallel with a front-end developer
and designer. Because of the MVC architecture (separate models, views, and
controllers), we are able to work in parallel just fine.
And you're absolutely right that people at all levels can benefit from the
rapid adjustment of requirements. web2py comes with a lot of functionality
(like RESTful API calls) out-of-the-box, as well as other very useful tools
such as a scheduler and markmin processing. It makes web2py apps have
significantly less lines of code than would be required in other web
frameworks. With less lines of code, it has been easier to develop, debug
and maintain.

I've used perl CGI, PHP, Ruby on Rails (1.5 years of experience) , and have
been using web2py for about 3 months now. It was a bit quirky to learn in
the beginning, and even now I sometimes have to look through the source
code to know what's going on, but even that's not bad because it's Python
and there's not many lines of code anyway. I wish there was a very good
guide for web2py (like there is for RoR at railstutorial.org), but the
current one is sufficient, as long as you go through all the chapters and
don't skip around.