Hello:

I am building a movie database site with web2py. I have a movies table
which has a many-to-many relationship with several other items: stars,
directors and genres. I am using a SQLForm.Smartgrid declared in my
controller like so:

def manage_movies():
    grid = SQLFORM.smartgrid(db.movie)
    return locals()

Everything seems to be working fine -- all of the reference tables are
showing up. However, when I click on, say 'Stars', which is the reference
table joining db.movie with db.person, the Movie ID and Star Fields are
oddly populated. Attached is a screenshot which should make this clear.

<https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-eS6fJPgPv5k/UCMiWvEM_7I/AAAAAAAAAAc/NzibaZS3H_Y/s1600/Screen+shot+2012-08-08+at+10.35.52+PM.png>

If I click edit for a Star record, everything is fine. There are dropdowns
with the appropriate movie and star selected.

I realize I haven't provided any of my model code. Was hoping someone might
be able to quickly id the problem without all that.

Thanks for your help.