Okay, using the version not from git and installing it both with "pip
install python-linkedin" and placing the "helper.py", "linkedin.py"
and "model.py" in the "web2py\gluon\contrib\login_methods" directory
left me with the aforementioned error:

"linkedin module not found"

Eventually after a lot of renaming and pasting of the contents of
"linkedin.py" within
"web2py\gluon\contrib\login_methods\linkedin_account.py", I was able
to get the page to load without error.

Here is my modified "linkedin_account.py":
https://gist.github.com/44a2e6fb4cf3cf75568b

Unfortunately on click of the login button I was presented with this
page: https://www.linkedin.com/uas/oauth/authorize?oauth_token=True

How do I get login with LinkedIn working?

Thanks for all suggestions,

Alec Taylor