Yes, I am using mysql.

I've accidentally posted this twice [0] on the group (sorry for that).
Anthony asked:
> How are emails added to the database -- does that happen within the
application, or also in a script?

Emails are added to the database from within the application (a controller
function adds a confirmation email to the queue)

[0] https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/web2py/YT2jDMea6lU