I'm trying to use supervisord to monitor scheduler workers.

My supervisord.conf file:
[program:my_scheduler]
command={my_site_path}/web2py/web2py.py -K my_app

When I launch supervisord, a worker shows up in the scheduler. However,
when I compare the listed pid in the supervisord console, it doesn't match
up with the pid of the worker as found in the worker name. Sure enough,
when I stop or kill the process in supervisord, it has no effect on the
worker, which keeps on ticking. Meanwhile, the 'killed' worker in the
supervisord console now shows a pid = 0.

This confuses me because when you launch a worker directly in a terminal
window, it doesn't daemonize- so I don't understand why supervisord loses
control of it, and why there are 2 different PIDs. Are there subprocesses
being launched im not aware of, and if so does anyone have an idea of how
supervisord can track them?