Hi:

I have several separate hosting accounts on hostgator, for last 6 years,
been happy, good support, php runs well, wordpress, joomla, drupal etc.

*But, for web2py, I now have an account on:
*    https://www.webfaction.com/

I have hosting on GAE, but many issues there I wasn't happy with...

They support web2py, and it worked immediately for me,
and I have submitted maybe a dozen trouble ticket on various things...
like
SMTP working with web2py
https:// working with web2py
PostgreSQL <- which I have working with web2py
and various other topics.

Their support is excellent and friendly.

Rob

*Promo from website:
Old-style web hosting is dead! No more slow and crowded servers with old
software and no flexibility. We provide fast and reliable hosting with a
modern and flexible setup. Our hosting plan starts at $5.50/mo with free
setup and comes with a 60-day money back guarantee so you can't go wrong.
Feel free to browse around and don't hesitate to email us or chat with us
if you have any question.
*