OK.  I"m getting close, but I"m stuck on the following SQLAlchemy code
conversion:

    recipients = relationship( 'Recipient',
                              secondary = mr_link,
                              backref = 'message',
                              lazy = 'dynamic' )

    attachments = relationship( 'Attachment',
                               secondary = ma_link,
                               backref = 'message',
                               lazy = 'dynamic' )

I don't see how to adapt this in the manual.

TIA,
Larry