Hallo Daniel,I have defined a database table which has some fields which
must be computed:

>     Field('password', 'password', length=512,
> compute=automatic_password,readable
> =False, label='Password'),
>
> The functions create_new_agent and automatic_password are part of my
> libraries. They are returning the expected types (strings in both cases)

If you search the book for 'computed field' you will see that you need to
use lambda in this case.

Try

Field('password', 'password', length=512, compute=lambda r:
automatic_password(), readable=False, label='Password'),

You did not show the code for 'automatic_password'.  If that function needs
an argument, then you will have to use automatic_password(r) in the above
line.

Regards
Johann
Regards