Considering this:

def details():
    try:
        equipment = db.equipment[int(request.args(0))]
    except:
        equipment = db(db.equipment.slug == request.args(0)).select().
first()

    return dict(equipment=equipment)

Your view details.html should be

<h1>{{=equipment.title}}</h1>
<center>{{=IMG(_src=URL('default', 'download',
args=equipment.image1))}}</center>

*Bruno Cezar Rocha** - @rochacbruno*
rochacbr...@gmail.com | Mobile: +55 (11) 99210-8821
www.CursoDePython.com.br | www.rochacbruno.com.br