Massimo,

I am happy to report nothing is broken with a trunk hg pull as of Sunday
Aug 26th morning a few minutes before writing this. The app I wrote is a
video management platform for Axis cameras running on Linux. A lot of the
code is outside web2py, but I use web2py for the user interface to select
cameras for live view, look at archives and anything else that needs to be
done through a browser which is the only user interface into the system.

I converted my models to use the new lazy_tables using on_define callbacks
in the table definition where needed because of IS_IN_DB with _and
parameters or IS_IN_SET requirements. I used the inline requires= for
tables that did not need the callback method. I only have on the order of
20 tables for the app and the tables in use are somewhat specific to the
area the user is currently using, e.g. maps for geographic location of
cameras, live viewing, archive viewing however many of the tables are
needed regardless across all areas of the app. I did lazy_tables=True in
the DAL statement plus made sure it was set up to have migration off. I
didn't notice much difference in the timing in my case between the before
and after lazy_tables modifications of the app both cases running on trunk
as of yesterday. Maybe the small number of tables in the application or the
way the tables are used makes it a don't care for me. I might also have
missed something. I will try your code benchmark later when I get some
time. I am layered on PostgreSQL 9.1.5 (Ubuntu 12.04).

Ron