Works on Firefox 15, Opera 12.02, Chromium 20.0.1132.47, all on Fedora.
Can't try IE at the moment.

But - no visible breakpoints, unable to resize the editor within the page.
I'm guessing these aren't supposed to work yet, but perhaps we should agree
on a set of basic functionality and try to get this going as soon as
possible.

1+ for trying to go with CodeMirror, from my past experiences.

Regards,
Ales