In regards to which editors to drop from the future releases, how about
this:

- next web2py release ships with all 4 included, CodeMirror is the default
- everybody will try it, so any hidden bugs or incompatibilities should
show quickly
- after a while (before the next web2py release), community is asked if
anyone uses anything else besides CodeMirror now.

My guess is that most of the people don't change the default editor. Those
who perhaps do will have a chance to make a case as to why web2py should
keep one (or more) of the other editors. If no issues arise, I'd vote for
keeping just CodeMirror.

BTW, has anyone tested the emacs and vi key bindings with CodeMIrror?

The main thing that still needs attention are breaks for the debugger.
CodeMirror can display them besides the line numbers, but I'm not that
familiar with the way current debugger works, so I didn't try to implement
this yet.

Regards,
Ales