- the dal URI if it contains logins/password/db that is not localhost
- eventually janrain key is to be kept private as well.
PS: Auth.settings_hmac_key in modern scaffolding apps is not written
"plainly": it is replaced by Auth.get_or_create_key() that reads from
private/auth.key or it creates a new one (so if you don't ship
private/auth.key you're fine)

My "normal" environment is having a 0_production.py and a 0_test.py with
DAL URI, db connection, Auth and mail parameters. In the db.py reside all
define_table() statements. Publishing 0_test.py to the repo, added
0_production.py instead to the ignore list. When deploying to production
server, 0_production.py is already there (or transferred separately),
0_test.py is renamed to 0_test.py.bak.

Little trick, you can have a 0_Atest.py and a 0_Zproduction.py . As long as
all the things defined into 0_Atest.py are "redefined" into
0_Zproduction.py you are fine (models are executed alphabetically). Anyway
it's not recommended, also for performance issues (ideally you have already
a "deployment" script and renaming one file shouldn't be so hard ^_^)