I found the reason of this wrong behavior.

The elements having class "row" inherit the width from "container", as you
know, but they have a negative margin-left (-20px).
The negative margin-left is balanced out with the margin-left of the
elements having class "span*" (20px)

In our case we had:
 <span12> margin-left = 20px
 <row> margin-left = -20px
 <span9> margin-left = 20px

obtaining a margin-left total of 20px

Removing ".span12", things are balanced out again. Therefore, as Annet
noted, we have to strictly follow bootstrap layout: "span*" elements
wrapped in a "row" element.
Latter statement is clearly showed in "Nesting columns" paragraph at
http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/scaffolding.html#layouts

Last trunk of web2py has layout.html corrected.