On Dec 10, 2007, at 2:07 AM, Bill Patterson wrote:

I've got a installer on a dmg, that when downloaded by Safari 3.04, automatically mounts the dmg and launches the installer.

I'd like to reproduce this in my WebKit based application. Are there functions that do this?

Hey Bill. You probably want to investigate the /usr/bin/hdiutil command line utility which can attach, mount, and verify disk images. I also recommend looking into the NSWorkspace API, specifically the - [NSWorkspace openFile: withApplication:] method which you'll find very useful for kicking off the Installer.

Good luck!
Kevin