On Oct 17, 2008, at 6:43 PM, Amanda Walker wrote:
Agreed--and I'll repeat that I don't like eot; I was just surprised by Dave's reaction (which I now have more insight into :-))

I think Dave may have stated things a bit hyperbolically. But I think it is true that EOT support in other browsers to some extent undermines the success of TTF fonts on the Web, just as support for VML in other browsers would likely undermine SVG to some extent.

Now, at some point a strong enough compatibility argument wins over the format war argument but it is worthwhile to explore alternatives.

Regards,
Maciej

--Amanda