On Oct 31, 2008, at 1:22 PM, Holger Freyther wrote:

Hey,
I have started implementing a GeoLocation service for Gtk+ using the Gypsy
interface. I have some comments and questions:

1.) Could we remove GeolocationService::create from GeolocationService.cpp? Any platform that intends to implement this can have this factory in their GeolocationServiceFoo.cpp? This makes it possible to add and remove platforms
without touching this file.

Perhaps the right thing to do is to have GeolocationService::create make the appropriate platform-specific service class, so that the core code can remain platform-independent and platform ifdefs can be limited to the platform/ directory.

2.) Geoposition is RefCounted but we pass Geoposition* all over the place? Can we decide on of the two? This would also make the ownership more clear.

There's not necessarily a conflict there - often the right thing to do under our refcounting rules is to pass raw pointers, if the callee is not expected to take ownership. (See Darin's document <http://webkit.org/coding/RefPtr.html >). Is there a specific place where you think passing a raw pointer is wrong?

Regards,
Maciej