On 6-Nov-08, at 12:20 AM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

Hyatt and I as well as some Chrome developers were involved in a discussion recently about how themes/ports should customize the user agent stylesheet.

I think the following is the case currently:

- Most ports do not change the UA stylesheet at all.
- Chromium (not in the main tree yet) has a changed UA stylesheet with some rules appended at the end.
- The Qt port replaces the UA stylesheet wholesale.

   We're doing the same in a few places.

Those of us involved in the discussion concluded that the best way to do this was to let RenderTheme subclasses add rules to the UA stylesheet, so that the core style rules can be in one place, but themes can adjust theme-specific style details that happen to be done with CSS rules.

   This would be great.  We can use this for WML too.

--
George Staikos
Torch Mobile Inc.