On Jan 15, 2009, at 1:48 AM, wei wang wrote:

Well I have another question on using string in WebKit. std::string employs its own memory management policy, but I've found that StringImpl uses 'malloc' and 'free' directly. It doesn't use copy-on- write strategy, even in its copy constructor. So how is StringImpl's performance of memory management compared with std::string.

StringImpl objects are rarely used for strings that will be modified. They're usually just created and used. I don't know if that answers your question.

     -- Darin