I have a question about the simpleUserAgentStyleSheet used in
http://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit/trunk/WebCore/css/CSSStyleSelector.cpp .

It looks like 'simpleUserAgentStyleSheet' is used to compute the style for
elements like 'html', 'body', 'span', 'br', 'a' and 'div' instead of styles
loaded from "html4.css".

The html4.css defines a font-family for the 'html' tag, but it is ignored and
the font-family fallbacks to the default one from global settings ('Times' I
think).

Shouldn't CSSStyleSelector restyle all the parsed html elements when the full
CSS is loaded?

The html4.css defines "html { font-family: Verdana, Helvetica, Arial; }" and
alert( getComputedStyle( document.getElementsByTagName("html")[0]
)["font-family"] ) says "Times" for a simple text page.

Thanks,
Alex