Ok, just to close the loop here, it looks like the preference is to do
the refactor of permission checking from XHR to
DocumentThreadableLoader, and then put the methods I proposed for
SecurityOriginClient on FrameLoaderClient instead.

I'm not sure who will get to the refactor first -- David, Alexey, or
me -- but once that happens, I'll revisit the feature request using
FrameLoaderClient instead.

Thanks,

- a