On Jun 5, 2009, at 1:41 AM, Jack Wootton wrote:

1. Does it have to be static?

No.

This is not a JavaScriptCore or WebKit question but a C language question. The keyword "static" makes the function have internal linkage. You can read up on the topic in any advanced C programming reference.

In order to get a property of the Window object I need the JSObjectRef of the Window. But I do not have it inside the function.

Since the window object is the global object for this context you can get it with the JSContextGetGlobalObject function.

If you have more advanced requirements you can attach any amount of your own private data to the function object you created using the JSObjectSetPrivate function.

    -- Darin