I agree. We should formalize this as policy too in my opinion. Maybe something time-based, e.g., if you have an implementation of a new Web technology that is going to take > (1month?) to implement, then the feature should be landed inside ENABLE ifdefs (that can then be removed when the feature is sufficiently far along).

dave