On 2009-08-12, at 18:37, Mark Rowe wrote:

On multiple occasions today we've been forced to manually do a clean build on the Qt build bot in order to work around test failures or crashes caused by bad builds. In the most recent case <http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/47165 > reordered some virtual methods in Element. This resulted in 14 failures on the Qt buildbot: <http://build.webkit.org/builders/Qt%20Linux%20Release/builds/472 >. Can someone with knowledge of the Qt build system please investigate what needs done to remove the need for this manual intervention in incremental builds so that keeping the Qt buildbot green is less painful?

The Qt bot has hit this situation several more times in the 36 hours since I posted about this. A build bot that requires this sort of manual intervention to keep building places an undue burden on committers. I would appreciate if someone could investigate and come up a solution for this problem.

- Mark