No, it is more restrictive now than it was 6 months ago -- I was attempting to implement this back then and the ambiguity in handling the more excitingly complex objects (now simply "return null") made it substantially more complex, that is the only reason the implementation is not currently matching the object clone semantic. JSON was never sufficient for the purpose of postMessage, and is also relatively trivially breakable.

--Oliver