On Sep 23, 2009, at 6:05 PM, Peter Kasting wrote:

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 6:03 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <m...@apple.com> wrote:
My thinking on the topic is basically this:
A) For experimental features, it makes sense to make them disappear completely when turned off, since turning them on is an unusual and experimental state. B) For end-user features that are on by default but have a preference to turn them off, having APIs appear and disappear fragments the platform.

I believe most of the cases where this occurs in Chromium are instances of A. We don't tend to expose prefs to do B.

That is what I would expect. My earlier email exchange with Jeremy got into this side track, but it doesn't seem like something that would be common.

Regards,
Maciej