On Oct 16, 2009, at 7:07 PM, Evan Martin wrote:

When you select multiple lines of text in WebKit, the highlight paints
over whitespace on the right margin.
This is correct behavior for Mac, but not for Windows or Linux.

I would suggest making it be controlled by a Setting rather than #ifdefs. I thought one existed already, but if it doesn't, we can add one. Another possibility might be using the theme to query for this info, although I know we would like to preserve the gap painting on Safari for Windows. Therefore a Setting is probably best.

Keep in mind that eliminating the gaps will give you a pretty ugly irregular selection in a lot of places. Do what you want in Chrome, but make sure it's a setting and that you don't change Safari for Windows in the process.

Thanks,
dave