On 30.11.2009, at 14:05, Dmitry Titov wrote:

That also pretty much means if we won't have SharedScript, we'll need to explore other opportunities toward efficient sharing of code and data which does not make people to write a multithreaded UI as SharedWorker solution would do. We have practically zero positive response to SharedWorkers being used this way. Granted, this is "just one company" but the devs here are good and came from variosu other companies so the limited unscientific poll kind of shows the outcome...

This makes me wonder if there is any positive experience using SharedWorkers for this elsewhere - or any better use cases for it.

At the moment, it seems that technical issues around shared workers's implementation in WebKit haven't all been resolved yet, and that GlobalObject could be a better replacement for the same use case anyway. Dropping one for another is in the spirit of successful experimentation - what do you think?

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov