Am 09.01.2010 um 18:09 schrieb Maciej Stachowiak:

On Jan 9, 2010, at 6:35 AM, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:

Am 08.01.2010 um 22:32 schrieb Evan Martin:

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 4:05 PM, Nikolas Zimmermann
<zimmerm...@physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
How about we'd start only with svg/ pixel tests? Getting SVG pixel tests
working across the ports
would be a huge leap forward.

One caveat: at least on Linux Chrome we've found that we get slightly
different pixel results for some SVG tests in curves depending on
whether we're 64 or 32-bit.  It problem could be in Skia, though.

You should pick whether your baselines are gonna be 32 or 64 and then
add exceptions for the other; in Chrome we didn't notice we were
mixing for a while and rebaselined some results over themselves a few
times.

I am partly aware of this problem (regarding 64 vs 32. bit) it affects non-linux platforms as well, the root of the issue is that Path::debugString() does NOT have an cross-platform implementation, but instead every platform manually dumps the path elements. For CG we see 0.0 vs -0.0 differences for certain paths - the whole problem is easily fixable though. Anyone wants to volunteer? :-)

What does it take to fix it?

WebCore/platform/graphics/cg/PathCG.cpp - CGPathToCFStringApplierFunction function.

It's just manually traversing the path elements, and we could easily implement that in a cross-platform manner,
fixing the 32 vs 64 bit bugs in one go.

Also, I believe that 0.0 vs. -0.0 in a path will never actually result in different layout. And I don't believe this has ever identified a real bug. So perhaps we should dump all zeros as positive 0.
This is true, it's just a layout test result difference.

Cheers,
Niko