On Feb 23, 2010, at 8:08 AM, Ariya Hidayat wrote:

>> When the test is run, the browser loads both files, takes snapshots, and
>> does a pixel comparison. Thus font differences between platforms become less
>> of an issue.
>
> Isn't it our existing pixel test infrastructure? Or do you mean something
> else?

In pixel tests, the expected file is a checked-in image. In addition, we still
have a render tree dump; it’s not just pixels.

In reference tests, the expected file is HTML; different than the test file,
typically simple markup. Both files are rendered and the resulting pixels are
compared. And I presume there would be no render tree dump.

    -- Darin