On Apr 20, 2010, at 11:48 AM, Michael Nordman wrote:

In webcore, should we use the same impl on all platforms rather than use cryptdll on windows and md5.cc elsewhere?

For chrome, I don't think we can have a dependency between WebKit/ WebKit/chromium and /src/base/, and 'base' depending on 'webkit' also doesn't work. How can we avoid replicating the code? I guess having webcore's MD5 be platform specific could help us along those lines?

I'd rather use a platform-independent MD5 implementation in WebCore if possible.

Since the MD5 code itself has (presumably) minimal dependencies, perhaps we could put it in WTF. I don't know if that would help Chromium's dependency issues.

Regards,
Maciej