On Apr 22, 2010, at 3:32 PM, Adam Roben wrote:

> On Apr 22, 2010, at 3:02 PM, Ojan Vafai wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Brian Weinstein <bweinst...@apple.com>
>> wrote:
>> What is going there is that both machines are running Windows Debug Tests
>> (or Windows Release Tests).
>>
>> We have two machines that run both Windows Debug Tests, and Windows Release
>> Tests, so there are some times where they are both running the same kind of
>> test, and it looks like the other kind of test is idle, when both machines
>> are actually busy.
>>
>> I get that in theory, but that still doesn't explain huge gaps.
>>
>> For example:
>> Build 12537 and Build 12538 were running on Windows Debug at the same time
>> using apple-windows-3 and apple-windows-4 respectively. I would expect that
>> as soon as 12537 finished, the windows release bot would have started Build
>> 11615 on apple-windows-3, but it actually waited 8-10 minutes. As best I can
>> tell, that's 8-10 minutes where the apple-windows-3 slave was actually just
>> idle.
>>
>> Am I reading the data wrong?
>
> I think you're interpreting it correctly.
>
> Maybe this is an artifact of having a single machine switch between two
> different logical builders?

It looks like the Leopard builders are set up this way, too (there are 2 bots,
both of which each to Release and Debug builds). In some cases I see a gap
between successive builds on different logical builders, but it's much smaller
than the 8-10 minute gap Ojan cited above. (E.g., build 13929 (Leopard Release)
and build 13680 (Leopard Debug), which were both done on apple-xserve-1;
there's a ~1 minute gap between the end of the first build and the start of the
second.)

-Adam