What is the core idea behind PlatformRefPtr? There is a lot of ambiguity about
what the “platform” is. I’m not sure we should have a single RefPtr template
that tries to guess what the platform is and does that style of reference
counting.

For example, for Core Foundation and Cocoa we made RetainPtr. For JavaScript we
made JSRetainPtr. For GTK I think we should have GTKRefPtr.

Is there really code where the abstraction of having a single shared
PlatformRefPtr is useful? Could someone show me an example of this working?

    -- Darin