On Oct 14, 2010, at 9:27 AM, William Siegrist wrote:

> I am in the process of moving buildbot onto faster storage which should help
> with performance. However, during the move, performance will be even worse
> due to the extra i/o. There will be a downtime period in the next few days to
> do the final switchover, but I won't know when that will be until the
> preliminary copying is done. I am trying not to kill the master completely,
> but there have been some slave disconnects due to the load already this
> morning. I'll let everyone know when the downtime will be once I know.

The copying of data will take days at the rate we're going, and the server is
exhibiting some strange memory paging in the process. I am going to reboot the
server and try copying with the buildbot master down. The master will be down
for about 15m, if I can't get the copy done in that time I will schedule a
longer downtime at a better time. Sorry for the churn.

-Bill