On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 2:12 PM, Alex Milowski <a...@milowski.org> wrote:

> * If it is an external library, like XSLT 1.0 support is today, what
> are the integration criteria (e.g. platform library vs. statically
> linked, etc.)?

One more datum, that I just discovered, Apple has implemented XPath
2.0, XSLT 2.0, and XQuery:

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/NSXML_Concepts/NSXML.html

(oh, the use of the fragment identifier for content location is just horrific!)

Thus, on some platforms (Mac OS X, iOS 4.x), you get XSLT 2.0 support
for free.

Seems like the ability to use an OS's native support would be ideal as
long as the same specification version support is available through
some means on each port.

--
--Alex Milowski
considered."