On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Adam Barth <aba...@webkit.org> wrote:

> > Is it really a good idea to move platform out of WebCore? Lots of stuff
> > there seems quite WebCore related.
>
> There seem to be a couple people who aren't sold on moving platform
> out of WebCore.  It sounds like we should hold off on doing that and
> discuss it separately down the road.
>
> On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 2:47 AM, Hajime Morita <morr...@google.com> wrote:
> >>  Platform/ (was WebCore/platform)
> > I'd like to keep platform directory under WebCore if there is no strong
> reason.
>
> Ok.  I think different people have slightly different ideas about what
> should go into this folder.  That sounds like a complex topic that we
> might need to discuss more later.

I think moving Platform out from WebCore is great long term goal, but right
now, there is simply too many layering violations for it to be feasible. For
those curious, the intent is for nothing in Platform to be dependent on
anything else in WebCore (eg. dom, html, rendering, loader), so something
like platform/qt/RenderThemeQt.cpp would be considered a layering violation.
 There are bugs filed on many of these violations, but the work has not be
completed.

-Sam