Hi All,

I have been reading about the preload scanner that is supported in the
WebKit since quite some time now (
http://webkit.org/blog/166/optimizing-page-loading-in-web-browser/ ) . As
per my understanding (please correct me if I am wrong), the preload scanner
kicks in when the main parser has halted waiting for some javascript to
load. To better utilize this time, a 'side' parser is started which parses
the HTML to see if more resoursec (esp. scripts and CSS) are there which can
be loaded in parallel.

I have a few questions regarding this - What exactly is meat by 'loading' in
context of the above - does it mean downloading the script/CSS from the
remote host to the local client or does it also include parsing/ executing
(in case of script) and parsing/rule-list creation (in case of CSS) ? Also,
how many such parallel loadings can happen at the same time - is it
configurable in source or by some other API ?

Thanks for answering the above !

Regards,
Aneesh