13.01.2011, в 11:34, Robert Hogan написал(а):

>> As a specific example discussed in this thread, we'd
>> break some browser extensions like Incognito if resource loading could
>> bypass onbeforeload.
>
> Could you elaborate on this a bit? I don't understand the potential
> breakage.

Privacy enhancing extensions such as this one block access to cross-domain
subresources from sites known for pervasive user tracking. If some subresources
avoid beforeload, they won't be blocked, and users will be tracked. I would
expect that whatever an extension or a Web site wants to do with beforeload, it
trusts that there is no bypass such as the Link header.

Obviously, nothing will change in practice until sites actually start using the
Link header. But widespread use of Link is something we should plan for if
we're going to support it.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov